Monday, September 15, 2008

A Really Fun Weekend

This weekend was a blast!  We kicked it off by going to see Tyrone Wells perform for a friend's birthday.  When we went we really didn't know who Tyrone Wells was, but now he's one of our new favorite artists.  His music is awesome!  

We woke up early the next morning and drove up to Williams, AZ to meet up with John and Melissa.   Williams is this little Route 66 town an hour south of the Grand Canyon.  On Sunday we played golf at Elephant Rocks and celebrated Landon's 3 month birthday!   He's getting more and more active!  Ty got to see him roll over for the first time on Friday!  

A classic picture of Ty.
All-aboard!  This is the caboose that we stayed in Saturday night.


Landon was a little too tired to make it around the lake.
The family on our attempt to hike around the lake...

Landon was happy to be experiencing his first of many 18 holes of golf.  





I'm becoming obsessed with this sport.  This was only the 3rd time I've played a full 18 and I finally got my first par!  I've still got some work to do because I followed it up with a bogey, two double bogeys and a few I like to call "double pars."    Those are extra special.  Its never fun writing the number 8 on your score card.  




This course was absolutely beautiful!  

Landon was thrilled to be heading home!  

7 comments:

Jenni said...

I can't believe he is already rolling over! That is amazing! It took Eli five months to roll over for the first time and he is just now rolling over all the time. I hope I get to see you guys when you come for a visit.

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

Great pictures!!!

I'm kinda bummed Ella hasn't been out on a golf course yet. I consider myself a bad dad since it hasn't happen yet.

Miss you guys!
ash

Kara Graves said...

That looks like such a fun trip...you really stayed in a caboose? Did you ever read the Boxcar children books? That is what that picture reminded me of. Glad you all are doing well, we miss you!

Julie said...

Hey Michelle!! We our back now and I promise to call you soon. Things are SUPER crazy right now, ugh! But I love all the new pics and man do I ever miss you guys. I need a baby fix real bad, lol:)

Anonymous said...

One week! cant wait!

Anonymous said...

It didn't look that cold out there, why did you need a blanket in the cart?

Ty and Michelle Lewis said...

matt- that's just me to doing what I do best! I get to wrap myself in a blanket every 3 hours during the day! Haha