Friday, September 19, 2008

Inaugural blogger up to bat


Ty here.....I know that none of you have read anything from me because, well this is my first time. Not only is today September 19, 2008, it is also the completion of a goal that has been on my "to achieve" list for over 10 years.  There has been time of active pursuit in this goal, there has been times of questioning and doubt, times of thinking this is unobtainable, and a slew of other emotions.  I am now the Assistant Superintendent at Desert Canyon Golf Club, but the achievement is in who is my direct supervisor.  My Dad.  We have kicked this idea around since before my freshmen year in high school.  I almost want to list everything that has happened to me along the way to accomplish this goal but it would take the better half of the night of typing so I wont.  Ill hit the high points; finishing high school in an interesting way, going to MSU for turfgrass management,  moving to New York for 5 years and working at 3 different jobs and getting married,  moving to MI for 9 months, moving to AZ to take a job for 7 months, and finally to take my current job.  This road of life has been windy for me and Michelle.  There has been highs beyond reality, and learning times that have caused discomfort to put it mildly.  Through all of this there has been open communication with Michelle, Mom and Dad,  Joe Joe and Cheryl.  There has been men that have told me that they will be praying for my dad and me, and I of course appreciated that but really didn't know what exactly it was I wanted from those prayers.  Other than Gods will be done.  I have approached God with the mind set of I will put together a plan and do my best to let him guide my foot steps.  If there are doors that open towards my goals I will walk through them and if they close I try my best not to force the door open.  I have learned on several occasions if the door is shut, it is shut for a reason, I need not be in that room.  Gods grace lets you know that then helps you out of that room.   There has been times where the door was opened in a direction that would accomplish an immediate goal and in the open door there has been hurt, pain, laughter, you name it, it was in there.  There has been times the door closed and PRAISE GOD it did.  Today is a day that I am praising God for opening this door, I know from past experiences that there will be times of uncomfortableness (its uncomfortable to try and say that word) but God will make clear of that in due time.  I know that there will be lots of excitement at this place.  Landon will begin taking lessons on the backhoe from Pa.  Very crucial events!!!!!  GOD IS GOD in good times and bad, always has my back and yours.  

12 comments:

John said...

Ty,
This is an awesome time in life. I truly feel like we are "living the dream". Thanks for honoring me by accepting the offer to work here at Desert Canyon with me.
You know when we do our "course inspections" it will always include taking our clubs. ;)
Love you, Dad

Ty and Michelle Lewis said...

true dat

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome post... im all emotional! Ty, not only are you good at manual work, but, you have a gift in writing too, I think!

It has been a ball for me to see you both working towards & struggling with this dream since I can remember... takes me back to the days of Greentree and now, to think that Landon will be as blessed to be in the same position that you were in Ty...working with Grandpa and Dad!

I love you, and couldnt be more grateful that you are my brother! love you!

Kara Graves said...

Congratulations! What an awesome experience and opportunity for you, I am looking forward to hearing stories of this new journey.

Ty and Michelle Lewis said...

I love you so much! I am so happy for and your dad!

Can I come on the "course inspections" too? I think you need a female golfer's perspective! Haha

Michelle

Julie said...

What an awesome journey you guys are on and it's not over yet. Thanks for being so open with all of us, it is neat to hear where you are at. Hope to see you guys soon.

P.S. Can I go on the "course inspections" with Michelle? I think you need us, haha:)

Anonymous said...

So amazing Ty! I'm so happy for you & Uncle J. CONGRATS!!!

John said...

Julie - I haven't met you yet ... But you are welcome to come help with the inspections anytime ... As long as you don't beat us too bad.
Hope to meet you soon, John (Pa)

Julie said...

John-
It is on!! I will talk to Michelle to figure out a good time to stop by. It would be just too much fun:) And yes, I hope to meet you and your family sometime soon.

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? This is awesome! I need to plan another "business trip" to AZ soon!

Ty, I agree with Tess, you are a gifted writer. If you could stay awake long enough at night I'd like to see some more postings from you!

I'm so excited for you guys.
ash

Anonymous said...

Love you Ty!

AniMal

domineivimus said...

Hey Ty-

Man I am so pumped for you and your dad. It would be cool to get to hang out with my dad all the time. I just really wanted to say that I will be praying for you guys and know that I will one day make it to Arizona to see you guys and meet Your wife and son. Anyway, take care bro. If you are ever on this side of the world let me know. Your always welcome in China!
take care bro- Kyle